I am a physical geographer with broad interests in processes shaping the surface of the earth, but particularly the impact of glaciers on the landscape, and the impact of climate change on glaciers.
- Learning technology & how students interact with it
- Numeracy skills in geoscience students
- Experiential learning during expeditions and fieldwork
- Mass balance and dynamics of Arctic, Alpine & Himalayan glaciers
- Surging glaciers in Svalbard
- Remote sensing of glaciers
- The effects of superimposed ice on glacier mass balance.
- Stewart M, Stott TA, Nuttall A. 2010. Student engagement patterns over the duration of Level 1 and Level 3 geography modules: influences on student attendance, performance and use of online resources. Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 1-19.
- Nuttall A. 2010. If fieldwork is good does that mean expeditions are excellent? Reflections on reflective learning in the field. Teaching Earth Sciences, vol. 2(35), 50-53.
- Nuttall A, Stott TA, Sparke S. 2010. Helping geoscience students improve their numeracy using online quizzes. European Geosciences Union General Assembly, 3-7 May 2010. Vienna
- Stott TA and Nuttall AM. 2010. Suspended sediment dynamics and yields in a glacial fed river, Tasermiut fjord, SW Greenland. European Geosciences Union General Assembly, 3-7 May 2010. Vienna.
- Stott TA, Nuttall AM, McCloskey J. 2009. Design, Development and Student Evaluation of a Virtual Alps Field Guide www.virtualalps.co.uk. Planet, 64-71.
- Stott TA, Nuttall AM, Eden N, Smith K, Maxwell D. 2008. Suspended sediment dynamics in the Morteratsch proglacial zone, Bernina Alps, Switzerland. Geografiska Annaler Series A: Physical Geography, vol. 4(90), 299-313.
- Wright AP, Wadham JL, Siegert MJ, Luckman A, Kohler J, Nuttall AM. 2007. Modeling the refreezing of meltwater as superimposed ice on a high Arctic glacier: A comparison of approaches. JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-EARTH SURFACE, vol. 112(F4), Article ARTN F04016.